Chocolate Beet Muffins
Turn up the beat with these Chocolate Beet Muffins! The chocolate masks the flavor of the beets so you won't even know they are there. Sneaking vegetables into baked goods increases the vitamin and mineral content!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned beets - pureed (make sure they are not pickled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine beet puree with ½ cup of water, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix together.
- Grease muffin tin or use liners.
- Fill muffin cups with mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.